Monday, April 23, 2012

Linux: NFS4 mount Error reason given by server: No such file or directory

I recently installed NFS server v4 on my HP Linux server. However, I'm not able to mount it from Linux nfs4 client using the following command:
mount.nfs4 server2:/data /data
I'm getting the following error:
mount.nfs4: mounting server2:/data failed, reason given by server:
No such file or directory
How do I fix this problem?

First, make sure fsid is set to 0 on server2 using /etc/exports file:
 
/data 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,subtree_check,fsid=0)
 
Make sure you reload the NFSv4 server after making changes to the /etc/exports file.

NFSv4 Client Mount

The command syntax is as follows:
 
mount.nfs4 server2:/ /data
 
OR
 
mount -t nfs4 server2:/ /data
 
Please do not specify the server path /data for NFSv4. You need to specify only / as fsid is set to 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment